- List of renewable energy and green building tax incentives provided by partner Terrazia.
- Save-a-Ton launches its free Partnership Program
- View entries from the winners of the Save a Ton Energetic Ideas Poster Contest
- Save a Ton won an award from the Virginia Press Association!
- View our News Release (PDF - 128 KB).
Actionable Steps for Adopting Solar in Virginia.
Communities interested in learning more about solar development in the Roanoke, VA region are invited to a free workshop with national and local experts. This interactive workshop will provide actionable information on creating a local-level solar program, with a focus on:
- The benefits and barriers of solar development in Virginia;
- Planning for solar: getting solar ready;
- Understanding the regulatory landscape of solar; and
- Innovative financing options for solar projects.
The workshop will be held on Friday, August 1st, 2014 from 8:30am – 12:30pm at the Salem VA Medical Center Building 5 Auditorium, 1970 Roanoke Blvd., Salem, VA 24153. Lunch will be provded and the workshop will include a tour of the VA Medical Center's Solar PV installation.
Follow this link to register: http://bit.ly/roanokeworkshop.
Sponsored by: SunShot from the U.S. Department of Energy, The Roanoke Valley-Alleghany Regional Commission, Save-a-Ton, and NARC: The National Association of Regional Councils.The links, ideas and resources on this site can help you save money. There's even an energy-saving calculator to keep track of your results.
But it's not just about putting more green in your pocket. By making simple changes in how you live and work, you'll help to maintain the high quality of life we enjoy in the Roanoke Valley.
So, go ahead, save a ton. Then share your successes and hints on our Facebook page.